2020 Paving Program
Each year the City of Chilliwack tenders asphalt rehabilitation work for various roads to maintain the driving surface and reduce maintenance costs.
- Typically the Engineering Department recommends rehabilitation of roads in the worst condition in each classification based on a condition survey which is updated every five years. A comprehensive survey was done by Stantec in the late summer of 2017.
- Minor drainage and curb and gutter improvements will be made adjacent to rehabilitation projects where significant deterioration has occurred or upgrades are required.
- Roads substantially complete
- Bernard Avenue (Ashwell Rd to Railway Ave)
- No. 5 Road (Boundary Rd to Stewart Rd)
- Keith Wilson Road (Tyson Rd to Unsworth Rd; major patching)
- Fairfield Road (McSween to Kitchen)
- Industrial Way (Old Orchard to Progress Way)